Sunday, September 12, 2010

St. Clair Literacy Night

Picture removed 11-25-12

On  January 28, 2010, Nancy and I drove to St. Clair Public School to do a 6:30 PM performance at Literacy Night.
Shauna Hannaman, an astute member of the St. Clair Student-Teacher-Parent-Connection, had met me when I was signing books at the Mankato Barnes & Nobles last fall and had purchased a copy of If I Were A Farmer, Nancy's Adventure.


Early in January, I received an Email from her requesting that I read the book at Literacy Night.



I was thrilled at the idea of having an audience of adults and kids, but since she requested that I perform a book that was for the very young, I knew I would need to include something for the adults as well.
As you can see in the photo above, the show started with a good-sized audience of young students in a corner of the library.

The structure of the evening, however, allowed people to walk around and spend time wherever they desired. In an attempt to draw adults into my show, I included a segment where I explained the realistic elements in my book.

Soon more adults stopped to listen.


And I was delighted that they decided to stay for the program.


So that by the time the show was over, we had a good crowd.




And many of them sopped to tell their stories after the show and buy some books.




We had a good time at St. Clair, another fine Minnesota school, tended by good teachers, attended by great kids, and supported by interested parents.

Nancy and I hope to go back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment