Sunday, December 18, 2011

All Saints Catholic School, Lakeville, MN, second day

Our second day at All Saints included doing shows for students in grades 2 and 3. We were greeted with a smile at the door by Debbie Donnelly, who signed us in and gave us visitor badges.
Third grade students in the first group were eager to begin the show (above) and
listen to my explanation of 'chores" on the farm (below).

The first group of third grade students volunteer to answer the question, 
"From what six places do the cats come when Joey calls them?"
Second group of third graders listening as I begin the Prologue (above) and
raising their hands to answer questions (below).
The same group lines up to take turns sticking their hands in the can of oats.

Two classes of second graders made the last group large,
 but they were fun and eager to listen (above),
and they watched closely as the children in the story
 go to the barn to help with chores on Christmas Eve (below).

The same group raises hands to answer questions.

I had a lot of fun doing the shows at All Saints, and I was sad when my stay their ended. Nancy and I wish to again thank Mrs. Johnson and Mr. Lloyd for arranging the visit. The students and staff I met seemed enthusiastic about their tasks and that always makes my job a pleasure.

Photographs by Nancy A. Fredrickson








No comments:

Post a Comment