Friday, June 15, 2012

History Center of Olmsted County

The History Center of Olmsted County in Rochester, Minnesota, is an impressive building, especially with a tractor parked in front of it. But that isn't all that charmed me about the place.

I'm really partial to being greeted by someone with an energetic, genuine smile, and Janet Timmerman, who arranged my visit, was at the door to do just that as we entered the building. Janet showed us around the historic center and introduced us to a few of the hard-working staff members.
The audience for my Farm Heritage Program was small,  but it included one of the sweetest four-year-old girls on the planet, and I could see she enjoyed my story, If I Were a Farmer: Nancy's Adventure.
And her mother bought a couple of books, too.

Also in the audience were staff members who will be reading my books to children in the upcoming weeks. Since my goal is to get my books out to adults and children, I was really gratified to have the History Center purchase my books for this purpose.

I thank Janet Timmerman for inviting me to perform at the History Center of Olmsted County and for arranging my visit. I hope she invites us back soon.

The History Center has many great displays inside the building, and to tour the outdoor displays, customers can ride on the wagon pulled by the tractor parked out front. Visit the History Center with the whole family.

Photographs by Nancy A. Fredrickson.







No comments:

Post a Comment