Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Room for Growing

Pam, at Room for Growing, an educational child care facility in North Branch, invited me to do my Farm Heritage program for their 4-7 year old students in August. When we arrived, teachers made us feel welcome and showed us to a room to set up. Students and teachers projected curiosity and  enthusiasm throughout my program, and I think we all had some fun learning about farm life.
Students and teachers watch and listen as I begin my program, 
which included my story, If I Were a Farmer: Nancy's Adventure.

Experiencing the excitement of a room full of children and seeing the enthusiasm for teaching and love for children projected by teachers always provides me with a boost and reminds me how lucky I am to be part of it for a day.

When students exit after the program, they line up to stick their hands into a small can of oats to feel it.

In addition to the school at North Branch, Room For Growing Educational Child Care has facilities in Forest Lake North, Forest Lake South, and Chisago City.

Thanks to Pam for inviting me to do the program and thanks to all the teachers and students who made us feel welcome at the school.


No comments:

Post a Comment