Sunday, December 19, 2010

Lakeville Senior Center, December

Since my stories in my books are based on my experiences of growing up on a farm five miles west of Lakeville, Minnesota, I feel a special kinship to audience members when I am performing at Lakeville Senior Center. My Heritage is their Heritage.
Before Thanksgiving this year we did my story A Farm Country Thanksgiving at the Lakeville Senior Center, and on Friday, December 17, 2010, we did a 45-minute show which included my story A Farm Country Christmas Eve.  Since some students from Kenwood Trail Elementary School were in the audience, Santa stopped by or a visit after the show.

Santa with children.

Santa with Nancy and me.

Santa with Linda Walter and me.

Before the show we were entertained by a group called Dragonfly,
who sang many standard and unique Christmas songs. 

Ages in the audience ranged from children in the fifth and sixth grade to senior citizens 
who are older than I am, but my Christmas story knows no age limits on either end. 

After the show when Santa had completed distributing presents,
 there was plenty of time to meet people and to share stories.

Nancy and I had ample opportunity to talk to the children and their teachers, as well as many of the visiting seniors and staff members at Lakeville Senior Center.
Our standard for a fun day is to meet people, entertain an audience, have some fun, and sell a few books.
In short, we had a fun day.
I hope to return next year.

Photographs by Nancy A. Fredrickson

No comments:

Post a Comment