Monday, February 7, 2011

Fun at LeCenter Elementary

It may be cold but the kids in grades K-6 made me feel pretty cozy as I performed 8 half-hour shows for grades K-3 on Wednesday, February 2, and 5 shows of various lengths for grades 3-6 on Friday, February 4, 2011.
The second graders in the two pictures below seem to agree that anytime is a good time for a story about Christmas as I performed my book A farm country Christmas Eve.


And when I quiz them, they all seem to know the answers.
And these third graders in the picture below know what is under the tree:




But kindergartners and first graders got a different story: If I Were a Farmer: Nancy's Adventure.
These kindergartners  below liked the picture of Dad and the cow's tail:
And they quickly learned which fingers to use to teach a newborn calf how to drink from a pail:

As did these two groups of first graders:

The teacher of one group if first graders, Mrs. Traxler, posed with her group for a picture:

Two days later, on Friday, I returned to do five performances of A Farm Country Christmas Eve for grades 3,4,5, and 6.
These fifth graders below listened as I explained how growing up on the small family dairy farm inspired me to write about the experience:
The sixth graders below easily remembered where all the cats came from 
when Joey called, "Here, Kitty."

The two groups of fourth graders below knew all the answers too:

The last two groups were third graders and we it was the end of the day on Friday so they were especially ready for a story. 
And in the picture above, they seemed interested in the machinery
 even though it was used long, long ago.


I sign A Farm Country Christmas Eve for Audrey, who is in the third grade.
i love signing books for kids.

Students and teachers at LeCenter Elementary were an enthusiastic audience. 
I hope they ask me to return soon.

Photographs by Nancy A. Fredrickson


















No comments:

Post a Comment