Friday, October 28, 2011

St. Bernard Catholic School, Cologne, MN

Sister Jancy invited me to do presentation of farm heritage at St. Bernard's, a preschool-grade six Catholic School at Cologne, Minnesota. Nancy and I enjoyed meeting and talking to the teaching staff and other friendly workers. The kids were fun and asked great questions.
The first group was preschool through grade two, and for them I did a show that included my book 
If I Were A Farmer: Nancy's Adventure. Projection onto the wall gave a really big, bright image.

The group waves to Nancy after I introduce her as the
 little girl in the dedication photo projected on the wall.

The second group was grade three through grade six, and for this group
 I did a show that included my book A Farm Country Halloween.

The introduction included the bit about teaching a newborn calf how to drink out of a pail.
The kids hold up two fingers to begin learning the process.

Students at St. Bernard's were inquisitive, polite, and fun. I like the mix of ages in the groups because it seems to stretch every audience member to accept things aimed at all age levels.
It brings me back to my time at the country school where I could listen to lessons from every grade.

Nancy and I thank Sister Jancy for inviting us to St. Bernard's and the staff members for taking class time to see my show about farm heritage. Thanks to those who stopped to comment on my program and especially those who purchased books.
Nancy and I enjoyed the day and we hope to return soon.

Photographs by Nancy A. Fredrickson






No comments:

Post a Comment