Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Santa Day at Gaylord Public Library

Gaylord Public Library (above) and
the Santa Day sign (below).

Saturday was Santa Day at Gaylord Public Library and the staff had fun activities planned for all ages.
I was scheduled to do two shows, one at 9:30 AM and one at 10:30 AM, but other activities included petting animals from the farm, visiting Santa, and decorating cookies.
The library at Gaylord is a really nice facility with several meeting rooms and a large entryway. There was plenty room for the good turnout of adults and kids who took part in the various activities.
Across the hall from my show were several farm animals that children and adults could view and pet. 
All the activities were well attended, including my first session (above) and
my second session (below), both of which included my book A Farm Country Christmas Eve.

Audience members of all ages take part in my demonstration 
of teaching a newborn calf to drink from a pail (above) 
and laugh at the results (below).

I signed many books, but Nancy was so busy visiting with people
she didn't get much time to take pictures.


Nancy and I enjoyed talking to the many audience members 
who stopped to visit after the show and share their stories of the farm.

Nancy and I are very grateful to Librarian Wanda Messner for inviting us to do two shows at Santa Day, and we wish to commend her and others for organizing such a wonderful event. Wanda, Laurie Waltz, and Kayla Downer all worked hard to make it happen smoothly, and each of them took time from their busy schedule to greet Nancy and me and to offer assistance. Many volunteers were available all morning to help with the event's activities.

Photographs by Nancy A. Fredrickson



1 comment:

  1. Good to see you were in Gaylord, where I spent my first two years out of college working as a reporter and photographer for The Gaylord Hub. I expect I may see your photo in the paper this week. I saw it last week in the pre-performance promo.

    When I lived in Gaylord (1978-1980), the current library space served as a community gathering spot. I even took disco dance lessons here. Such memories.

    Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete