Monday, July 30, 2012

Berean Education Center 2012

On Tuesday we did a Farm Heritage Program for students ranging from preschool to grade six at Berean Education Center in Burnsville, Minnesota. This was our third visit to the school during three consecutive summers. Obviously, I very much appreciate being invited back to a school because I feel it is a vote of confidence from the staff and leadership that what I do is educational and worthwhile.















 Students listened to my program, which included my story If I Were a Farmer: Nancy's Adventure, and they asked a few questions after the the show,
Also of interest to the students was my wife Nancy's Farm Heritage Display of photographs (right side of screen) of children working on farms during the early and middle 1900s.
Feeling the oats is always a popular activity.

Berean is another one of those great schools that young children can feel lucky to attend. The staff is caring and professional and the whole environment is friendly and disciplined.

Nancy and I thank all the staff for sharing their valuable school time with us, and we especially thank Kristi Ollila for inviting us to the school and arranging our visit.

Photographs by Nancy A. Fredrickson

No comments:

Post a Comment