Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Steele County History Center

The new Steele County History Center, located near the fairgrounds in Owatonna, was dedicated in May, 2012, and has been bustling with activity ever since. It rotates exhibits in the main exhibition area, and after Nancy and I arrived on October 4th to do two programs, one for children and one for adults, we hurriedly set up our equipment so we could take some time to visit the "Horses-to-Tractors" Exhibit and shop at the gift store. Laura Resler, Director of the Steel County Historical Society, and Char Ost, Event Coordinator, visited with us as they showed us around.
The Steele County History Center has a beautiful entryway, several large meeting rooms, and a spacious exhibition area. The gift shop is conveniently located just inside the front doors.

My first program included my story, A Farm Country Halloween,  and I was happy to see a good-sized crowd assemble before the show.
The program was aimed at children but many adults attended too.

Laura Resler introduced me before the adult program, 
which included my story, A Farm Country. Picnic.

Several board members took time to visit with us and everyone at the museum displayed excitement about the future prospects of the facility. I would urge anyone interested in history to check it out.

Nancy and I thank Laura Resler for inviting us to the museum to perform my Farm Heritage Program, and we thank audience members and the museum's entire staff for making us feel welcome. Laura indicated she may invite us back to the museum during the Steel County Fair in August. If she does, I hope you can stop in to visit our display of Farm Heritage Photographs and books.





No comments:

Post a Comment