Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Crown of Life Lutheran School

This morning my wife Nancy and I drove to West St. Paul to do a show for K-2 that included my book, If I Were a Farmer: Nancy's Adventure. 

Although there weren't many farm kids in the audience, they still got into how to teach a newborn calf how to drink out of a pail (above) and (below) sticking their hands deep into a coffee can of oats to feel the coolness of the grain.


Some students asked questions after the show:
A second grade student asked, "Did Nancy (from my book) eat a pig after it got big?"
My answer: "Yes, farm animals are raised to give us meat and other products." Then I briefly listed some products provided by other farm animals.
Some bought books (above), and others felt more oats (below).

The students listened to the story and watched the screen with intensity. They told me after the show that they liked the story of Nancy and her kitty Dusty.

I thank Mrs. Grundmeier for inviting me to come and also Principal Plath and all the teachers for having me at their school. The kids at Crown of Lutheran School were great and Nancy and I enjoyed our visit. We hope to return soon.

Photograph by Nancy A. Fredrickson

No comments:

Post a Comment