Sunday, April 17, 2011

Fundraiser for Early Learning Programs

Friday afternoon, April 15, 2011, the West St. Paul-Mendota Heights-Eagan Early Learning Advisory Council had a fund raiser at the Eagan Barnes and Noble store. Several storytellers read from a number of books. I listened to Michelle Smith read before me and Sharon Furth read after me. They both did a fabulous job with the children.
Below, I hold the coffee can while some of the children feel the oats before my show.

Children varied in age and there were lots of adults in the background nearby.

When there was no one reading, children eagerly browsed the book shelves with serious intensity, enjoying each book as they tried to find just the right book to take to their parents to purchase. 
Parents and children also enjoyed viewing Dale Johnson's artwork,  which he displayed during the afternoon as he chatted with visitors.
Nancy and I had to leave early and had to miss readers Michelle Mergler, Karen King, and Jennifer Watterson. The Sibley High School Fiddle and Friends performed before the fundraiser ended at 8 PM.

Nancy and I wish to thank Angie Mozeika of the Early Learning Advisory Council for inviting us to the fundraiser and Barnes and Noble for hosting the event. I hope the Early Learning Program found the event to be beneficial to them.

Photographs by Nancy A. Fredrickson

No comments:

Post a Comment