Thursday, April 7, 2011

Red Pine Elementary School

Second Grade teacher Mrs. Nelson arranged to have us perform If I Were a Farmer: Nancy's Adventure for all the second graders during their farm unit in April, 2010, and she was kind enough to invite us back this year to do a show for this year's second graders on April 6, 2011. We did three shows for about 176 students total. They were great as an audience and they had lots of questions after the show.
Pictured above is the is the first group just as I am starting the show. 
Mrs. Nelson is seated at her desk by the wall. 
Lydia bought the book before the show and followed along with her friends as I read the story (below):


Group two watches as I explain how farmers used the handkerchief as a dust mask.
Students in group two listening from the back of the room (below):

Pictured above, group three listens as I explain that we used a coffee can to measure oats to the horses.
After the show kids line up to stick their hands in the oats to feel it. I tell them it's "cool" but I'm talking about the temperature of the oats.
In the picture below, students in group three hold up two fingers to learn how to teach a newborn calf to drink from a pail as second grade teacher Mr. Olson sits on the table to take some picture of the students during the show.

The kids and the teachers seemed to have fun, and you know I had fun, especially when I was able to do what I most enjoy: autographing books.
Lydia and me (above) and
Nidhi and me (below)

Thanks to everyone at Red Pine for having me back this year, and a special thanks to Mrs. Nelson for making the arrangements and allowing me to use her classroom for all three shows. Hope to see you all next year!

Photographs by Nancy A. Fredrickson





No comments:

Post a Comment